Birchbox is an amazing idea based out of New York City that sends members 4-5 items a month filled with beauty products and samples. Although membership is only $10 a month, I’d been on the fence for a while about joining. I’m not one to spend money on something unless I know I’m getting something special and practical out of it… and this post is directed to the other practical-minded fashionistas/beauty enthusiasts who can’t decide if they want to join Birchbox. But let’s face it, before you buy a $90 bottle of perfume, or a $70 bottle of moisturizer, you want to make sure you like it first….don’t you??? I’d like to think so. Well fate certainly punched me in the face this week when I was talking to my fellow Asianista, Annie, about Birchbox and how I was thinking about signing up for the monthly membership. What a coinkidink! – Annie happened to have a very close connection into the Birchbox world and was able to provide me with my first box as a sample to see what all the talk was about. And I must say… I’ve been converted to Birchboxism.
My Birchbox gift came with a number of items:
- Shiseido Oil-Control Blotting Paper
- Colorescience Glow and Go Travel Puff Makeup Take-Out
- LA FRESH Biodegradable Eco Beauty Waterproof Makeup Remover and Nail Polish Remover
- Juicy Couture Smell Me Eau de Parfum Spray
- Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Eau de Toilette
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
- FIX Malibu Immaculate Complexion Antioxidant Smoothing Serum
- Orofluido Elixir
- A Birchbox magnet
I was really excited to have gotten my little Birchbox gift… and as a lover of snail mail, I can’t deny the fact that I’d be as gitty as an 8 year old school girl to have my own gift box to look forward to every month. I think it’s safe to say that Birchbox has found a new patron. You did good, Birchbox. You did good.